A successful landscape photography shoot depends significantly on the lens used. Although, expertise is needed for a good result too, however, when there’s a good lens at hand, even a novice can bring out the best image.
The question of what lens is ideal for landscape photography often arise, and for this reason, we have put together this article to serve as a help.
We will be reviewing the following Canon Lens For Landscape Photography
- 1 How To Choose The Best Canon Lens For Landscape Photography?
- 2 Benefits Of Having The Best Lens For Landscape Photography
- 3 Five Best Canon Lens For Landscape Photography Reviews
- 4 Conclusion
How To Choose The Best Canon Lens For Landscape Photography?
Choosing the right lens for landscape photography is all about what your goal with the pictures is. What will work for you might not work for another photographer. The bottom line is, there are no strict rules to follow when you want to buy your lens. Nevertheless, some tips will be helpful to ensure you get the best out of your shoots.
1. Consider the angle of view: The angle of view of your lens is critical to how much your camera will capture. For this reason, wide angle lens is perfect for you. So you might want to go for wide angle lenses. Reports have it that the human eye sees an estimate of 50mm. Hence, a wide-angle lens is anything below 50mm. The lesser the number, the wider the angle, so you might want to watch out.
2. Weather sealing: You might want to go for a lens with the weather sealing feature, it helps to keep your lens protected. Landscape photography is an outdoor thing. You have to go to locations for your shoots under different weather condition, and the weather might not be suitable for your lens. So this factor should be considered too.
3. Do something different: Sometimes just trying something new turns out fantastic. So you can decide to look at a new lens you have not tried before; this is an opportunity since you are already looking to buy a lens. In it might be something new you have not seen before; perhaps a new dimension to landscape photography. However, trying it does not mean you will go for it eventually, so why not try a new lens now, if you like it you might be sticking with it.
4. Stale photos: What you have captured in the past could be an excellent guide to help you pick a new lens for your photography. That is why looking back at old pictures help a lot in making a decision. You get to understand the trend you had then, and you will see things relevant to your work. It is with these things you can then decide on which lens you will go for or what new lens to add to your existing one(s).
5. Follow your instincts: It is important to sometimes go with what you feel is best for you. Your goal with the images you seek to make is what should guide you. So after looking at several lenses and you still can not make a choice, you may just go with your instincts.
However, in going with what you feel is right, do not forget to put your long-term goals in mind. Also, check the pros and cons of the lens. How wide is the angle and how sharp does it perform. You can also research the lenses good for what you seek to do. Ask experts too.
Benefits Of Having The Best Lens For Landscape Photography
What is a camera without a lens? The lens serves exemplary purposes in image making. Without it, all you get is the old pinhole camera. Lenses catch light rays and focus them so you can get the right image.
Below are some of the benefits lenses have.
- It is with a lens that you get a good picture quality. Without lenses, all you have is an old pinhole camera.
- A lens gathers and focuses light on creating an image.
- Existing composition of your pictures is changed with the use of lenses.
- No matter how far objects are, some lenses are created to bring them closer without losing image quality, and this cannot be achieved with a camera that has no lens.
Five Best Canon Lens For Landscape Photography Reviews
For the love of quality and the appreciation of nature’s beauty, here comes another excellent product. It is specially made to perfect the professionalism of landscape photographers who appreciate the quality and beauty attached to photography. Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Wide Angle Lens is no doubt the best choice for landscape photography.
This product will increase users’ skills, proficiency and expertise with its masterly designed and proficiently packaged features. Along with this lens comes a filter kit – Altura UV-CPL-ND4 (67mm), a photo lens Hood also Altura, which is developed explicitly for Canon EW-73C replacement, an Altura photo cleaning package, a medium Altura photo Neoprene lens pouch, A microfiber magic fiber cleaning cloth. Extremely amazing!
Furthermore, this Canon Lens is a high precision and revolutionary wide zoom lens that can work for most Canon cameras ranging from 7D Mark II, 60D, the SL1 APS-C DSLR and the Rebel T series cameras.
That’s not all. This fantastic lens also features an optical focus stabilizer, an aperture range of f/4.5-5.6 to f/22-29, intensifying Lens coating, an aperture (seven-blade circular) and a four-group zoom system coupled with a filter of 67mm size.
|It comes with other fantastic items that will increase user’s competency|
|Works for most Canon cameras|
|The product comes with USA Warranty|
|Also works with EOS Rebel T series|
|Very portable and handy package.|
Are you a distinct landscape shutterbug with an undying love for unique camera lenses? If yes, then this fantastic product is for you. The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens is a trendy product that will leave your jaw apart. With this lens, you can stand out as a professional paparazzo while your counterparts stand and watch your awesomeness.
The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens is a sturdy product with a dual function. It features both manual and automatic focus. Also, comes with a very pleasing and accommodating wide angle that can give you the best landscape shots.
This product is entirely dynamic in its way. It is professionally designed with several active and expressive features. Amazingly lightweight product with a handy focal length of about 16-35mm in 35mm format. This allows you to capture objects in their extreme close view/perspective. It also works on all EF-S mount digital cameras. Simply superb!
It is a high precision lens that comes with an Altura photo 3-piece filter kit, Altura photo camera lens pouch, Altura photo cleaning package and an Altura camera sling backpack. The Canon lens works perfectly with APS-C Canon cameras ranging from Rebel T series, EOS 7D, 7D Mark II to 60D, 60Da, and SL1.
|Has both manual and automatic focus|
|Offers beautiful wide angle perspectives|
|Allows an extremely close view of objects|
|Comes with USA warranty|
Canon gives you yet another stunning Lens which will also work perfectly on APS-C sensor DSLR cameras. This fantastic Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens complements any EOS SLR camera. A unique product which will give you a good experience with its ‘up to four stops of rectification process’ even when used in dim light.
Are you a professional landscape photographer with a unique caliber? This fully manual lens will bring you the happiness of photography. Comes with attractive features which include; A 9 blade aperture (circular) which offers an excellent background blur, cumulative coating to help you reduce ghosting, beautiful aspheric lens components, and two UD Lens components to help you overcome aberrations in the zoom range.
This is a one of its kind Lens. Its manual focus capability is designed with an average focusing distance of 0.92 ft/0.29m throughout the whole zoom range. This rugged product is designed to function even under unpleasant conditions, thanks to its dust and water resisting capabilities. Excellent ultra wide performance anytime, everywhere/anywhere.
|Portable and very handy|
|Comes with USA warranty|
|Water and dust resistance|
|Will work on a Canon 6D body|
|Great option for landscape use|
As a unique landscape shutterbug, you may need to get yourself this fantastic Canon EF 17-40mm F/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens, and you will never have a cause to regret such purchasing decision.
This is a high performing lens with amazing features. Apart from its three aspherical components, the lens also offers you a super UD glass dispersion. Wholly rugged and built with a weather resisting capacity(water and dust) with a 77mm filter size. Also featuring in this product is an excellent circular ultrasonic motor that gives a rapid and utterly silent autofocusing.
It comes with a lens case, EW-83E Lens Hood, tight-fitting front and rear lens caps. This product works excellently on all types of Canon cameras. You will be completely blown away.
|Works perfectly on Canon full frame camera||No image stabilization|
|Perfect choice for landscape photography|
|Has one year limited USA warranty|
|Ideal for both film and digital SLRs|
Here is a lens that serves as a perfect alternative for those who wish to get the EF 17-40 but cannot afford. It comes with a front lens wide enough to reduce peripheral or object darkening. Additionally, it’s flare-blocking diaphragm brings down flare to a very minimal level.
It is also a fantastic product that corrects distortion with its two lens group. The lens offers an optimum performance by covering a large range of ultra wide-angle focal lengths(20-35mm). Designed with a circular type USM and an in-built focus apparatus which gives a rapid and soundless AF. I recommend this product because it is an extremely affordable one that you will never regret buying.
|An affordable alternative to EF 17-40|
|Wide angle focal length|
|Inbuilt focus apparatus|
Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM has made the top of our list not because the rest are wrong, but because of its outstanding qualities. This lens brings out the professionalism in you. It is a wide-angle lens which you rightly know is suitable for landscape photography.
It comes with other tools cleaning packages to help maintain your lens. It is also a zoom lens hence be sure to get the best out of your shoots. If you have to go for just one, then you may go for this.
Did you like “Best Canon Lens For Landscape Photography”? We would greatly appreciate if you share it on Facebook and Tweet it.