If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the Best GoPro Gimbals are, then I’d recommend the The OFFICIAL ROXANT PRO as the best one.
One potential challenge faced in action photography by even the best of camera brands such as GoPro is camera shake. The truth is that it takes more than just software to tackle camera shake. So even if you have an amazing skill, excellent camera, and wonderful shooting range, chances are that you are not satisfied with your shots.
In so saying, one GoPro accessory that has proven to be efficient in helping to achieve buttery smooth video footage is a GoPro gimbal. This is one tool that plays a great deal of role in enhancing the quality of the photos and videos. And is essential for achieving professionally looking and amazing videos and shots. Its no doubt that finding the best GoPro stabilizer l is going to be a difficult task. In this guide, we are going to help you with how to find the right gimbal for your needs
Attributes of the Best GoPro Gimbal
1. Number of Axis
This is the first important thing to look for in a gimbal – how many axes the gimbal stabilizes. There are a lot of GoPro gimbal models available, from regular stabilizers to 3 axis devices. But, the two most popular types of gimbals are 2-axis and 3-axis gimbals.
The gimbals function by stabilizing your camera using sets of motors about 2 axes or 3 axes of movement. Thus the major difference is in their movements. The 2-axis gimbal stabilizes the roll and tilt axis, while the 3-axis additionally stabilizes the pan axis.
So, while the former stabilizes by only moving in two directions ( i.e. up and down), the latter is capable of moving in the left and right direction as well. It is important to learn more about the different axis and how it aligns with your purpose for getting a gimbal.
2. Build Quality
One factor that you may need to consider is the quality of the gimbal’s build. There are some gimbals that are made with plastics. And even though they may be less expensive, they may not be durable enough. How durable a gimbal will be is dependent on the material it is made with. This way, you can ensure they won’t bend or get broken over the years.
Durable gimbals are manufactured using quality materials like aluminum, as it strengthens their durability.
3. Weight/Load Capacity
Another factor that that should not be overlooked, as I have often seen is the weight of the gimbal. This translates to its load capacity.
It is important to keep in mind that cameras, even within the GoPro brand vary in weight and as such, not all the gimbals will be capable of supporting their weights. Also, another reason you may need to pay attention to the weight of the gimbal is that when it is heavy, you might not be able to hold it for a long time to shoot. Hence, choosing a lightweight gimbal is advised.
This happens to be one of the most important factors that you need to focus on when purchasing your gimbal. There are some gimbals that come with rechargeable and removable batteries. This way, it is easy to swap the batteries when one runs down, thus allowing you to enjoy continuous shooting.
Also, the batteries of the gimbals come in varying sizes and capacities. Some are small and others offer bigger batteries. So, if you’ll be recording videos for a long period of time and wouldn’t want any disturbance, it is advised to look for a gimbal with large battery capacity.
It is very crucial that your choice of gimbal must be flexible, and able to fit into a variety of camera models. This is to say that not all cameras will fit into every gimbal. Also, it should be able to work well with other accessories.
A lot of gimbals come with a standard thread for mounting and thus allows you to mount your gimbal on tripods or extension poles. Additionally, ensure that most of the important parts of the camera are not covered by the gimbal.
Balance here refers to the ability to control and adjust the movement of the camera when you are in motion. This is partly a function of the design of the stabilizer system. The weight of the camera, together with what is on the top, and the counterweights happening on the bottom. You want to get a gimbal that adjusts this and maintain its balance still.
7. Wireless Connection
Depending on your type of photography, this may be another thing that you need to consider. This feature comes in handy when and where it is possible to get close to the subject you will be recording, for instance in wildlife photography. In such a case, you will need to get a gimbal stabilizer that enables you to control it remotely.
There are gimbals equipped with Bluetooth technology. And thus allowing you control to the settings of the camera without any difficulty.
8. Ease of Setup
This is one factor that is often overlooked. Different gimbals come with their different ways of set up. There are some that will take a lot of time to assemble, and as such will reduce your recording time. This will obviously serve as a limitation to your ability to capture fantastic shots.
Top 5 Best GoPro Gimbals Review
- The Official ROXANT PRO Video Camera Stabilizer. Don't be fooled by imitations. Roxant is the only authorized seller of our brand. Look for "SOLD BY ROXANT
- Our superior design and construction provide "pro style" stabilization with less motion and shake compared to other handheld stabilizers. Shoot like a pro with our super-solid, "shake-free" design. Our custom lower arm "NO SLIP GRIP" material eliminates sway.
- For use with Point and Shoot, DSLRs, Video Cameras, GoPros, Smartphone and any other camera up to 2.1 lbs . Comfort grip handle, 3 separate counter-weights, for precise adjustments. (Comes With Phone Clamp)
- Great for indie film makers looking to move their films to the next level! Shoot smooth motion shots in tight spaces, on stairs, through crowds, in cars, walking/running/skating etc.
- If you order from ROXANT you will receive LIFETIME Support + FREE Video Training Tutorials.
Are you looking for a superior handheld stabilizer? You may have found it with the OFFICIAL ROXANT PRO. To start with, this product features a smooth pro glidecam for a steady vid action. This is a perfect rig for camera up to 2.1 lbs such as GoPro, Canon, Nikon and the likes.
This stabilizer is fashioned in a unique design and construction that allows for “pro-style” stabilization with less shake and motion compared to other handheld counterparts. This unique construction together with its easy setup process, flexibility makes it perfect for even a kid. It comes in a small profile and is perfect for working in a tight place where you’ll need to move without a lot of clutter.
With a single grip and handheld flexibility, your arm does not get fatigued trying to avoid shakes. Here’s your chance to shoot like a PRO and take shake-Free video with a Superior Handheld Camera Stabilizer.
Whether you’re walking, running, skating, or driving, creating professional looking, and smooth scenes is still possible with OFFICIAL ROXANT PRO. This balanced no-shake stabilizer gives your videos that feature film look. If you are a budding videographer, a great way to step up to the next level is investing in this gimbal.
|It is compact||It has quite a low capacity limit|
|It’s battery lasts long|
|It has a flexible mounting system|
|It is solidly built|
- 【Newly developed 3D "inception" Mode】proudly present the updated Hohem gimbal stabilizer. This stabilizer features a newly developed "inception" Mode that would able to vertically rotate your phone 360° spontaneously when filming, giving you the master-like video-making experience. It is the all-in-one tool for storytellers like you.
- 【Updated sports mode & perfect balance】updated sports mode allows you to shoot incredibly smooth shots even while going to extremes like running up & down stairs, cycling outdoors or traveling over rugged terrain. High performance motor realizes axis overlap & low angle shoot like a breeze. 3 axie's Variable speed adaptation is extremely sensitive to hand movements. With this design, Hohem Gimble stabilizer transforms hard-to-watch, shaky footage into hypnotically smooth, professional footage.
- 【You can also be a professional director】from fast moving action, like sports, to vlogs and interviews, to documentaries and independent features, the hohem's design sophistication and convertibility make it a unique production tool. Aside from modes mentioned above, this tool features the joystick, all following/all lock/pan following/pan & tilt following modes & 2 ¼ Screw hole for accessories such as a tripod or a phone holder.
- 【Endless possibilities via "Hohem Gimbal" App】enjoy controlling your filming tool both on your gimbal and in your iOS/android app today! Time-lapse recording & panning mode changing can all be realized in your smartphone app. This creates more possibility in photography for action camera.
- 【"Time-lapse" & up to 12H running time】Recording all motions in a stable shot for up to 12H with the updated "time-lapse" Mode to create Dynamic effect, reflecting all movements of targeted objects throughout a day within seconds. Hohem iSteady Pro2 gimbal stabilizer lasts up to 12H and can also charge your action camera.
If you’re looking for a tool that can help you shoot stunning cinematic video with your GoPro action camera, the Hohem isteady pro is something worth considering.
It features a one-piece design that does not need any assembly and yet offers great stability and many useful shooting modes. This design contributes to its superior stabilization capability and excellent anti-shake performance. Together with the high-torque motor, you can be sure that your footage will be steady and motion will be smooth.
One feature you would find valuable is the object tracking option. This allows you to select an object or person you want the camera to stay focused on. This means that as the selected moves, the camera will also move its focus to keep them in the shot.
Other features worth using are the trail time-lapse photography mode and the scene memory set that will remember and repeat specific moving shots.
The Hohem isteady pro also features a built-in18650 4000mAh 3.7V rechargeable battery, and an indicator to go with it. This way, you can keep an eye on your battery usage and know how much shooting time you have left before your next recharge. By the way, when charged, this gimbal offers an impressive 12 hours of runtime.
It also comes with joystick controls for manually adjusting the pan and tilt axes, regardless of the mode you are using. This way, you can minimize any jerkiness, associated with action scenes with a lot of speed, and thus achieve stunning videos.
|It has a wider range of movement||Its app has a tendency to crash|
|It comes with an object tracking and timelapse function||Its app can be somewhat buggy|
|Its stabilization is very impressive|
|Its battery lasts long|
|Its handle is ergonomically sound|
- Capture amazingly smooth shake-free video
- Compatible with GoPro body mounts
- Includes Karma Harness for HERO6 Black/HERO5 Black , HERO7 Black
- Karma Harness for HERO4 Black and Silver cameras sold separately
- Built-in camera controls. Recharge up to 70% faster
Are you looking to capture smooth shake-free video or have your ordinary shots look extraordinary? One tool that can help you achieve that is the GoPro Karma Grip. Regardless of whether you’re hiking, biking or recording your family moments, this handheld grip can help you create balanced videos.
The main feature of this product is the ability to take stable and smooth looking videos. Even though this gimbal doesn’t offer pan or tilt controls, it comes with quite versatile features. Featured on the handle, are buttons that helps you start and stop your recordings. Also included are power buttons, and those for changing shooting modes and adding tags to your videos. A noteworthy point here is that since this product is designed for GoPro Hero camera, no balancing will be needed. This saves you time from one of the most time-consuming steps in shooting stabilization.
This is a perfect addition to your all-action adventures. With its water-resistant features such as four buttons placed on the handle, there’s no possibility of moisture penetrating.
|It features an excellent stabilization performance||Noise produced by brushless motor|
|It’s part of the GoPro Ecosystem||It has limited Battery Life|
|Its ergonomics is fantastic|
|It is very versatile|
|It is easy to charge|
- 3-Axis Precision: Eliminates unstable video and allows you to easily shoot pro-quality, cinematic like footage with your action camera
- Easy Setup: The EVO SS is truly plug and play, ready to use right out of the box
- Versatility: Built in charging capabilities extend your GoPro's battery life up to 2X (for Hero3, Hero4 models only) The mounting tray supports the addition of the GoPro LCD bacpac and battery bacpac if desired
- Unprecedented Warranty: Backed by a 1 Year USA Parts and Labor Warranty the EVO SS comes complete with a charger, USB charging cable, and (4) 18350 Li-Ion Batteries good for a total of 4-5 hours of extended run time
- Compatible Cameras:Supports 75-140g Payload 1,GoPro Hero5/6 Black,GoPro Hero4 Black/Silver,GoPro Hero3, Hero3+,Yi Action Camera,Yi 4k+ Action Cam or SJ4000-SJ6000,GoPro Hero Session,GoPro Hero5 Session
The EVO Gimbals is one of the most efficient and versatile gimbals you will ever come across. This is one stabilizer that has over the years earned a proven track record of effortless silky shooting and a capability to be attached to the tripod. It is compatible with a wide range of popular action cameras such as the GoPro Hero6 Black and Hero Session.
It features a solid build and high-quality finish. With aircraft grade aluminum as the material used. It also features a plug and play design that makes it’s set up process straight forward for even a novice. It comes with a built-in recharge technology to help extend the life of your batteries.
Additionally, its wireless Bluetooth connectivity allows for remote operation either from your Smartphone or EVO wireless controller. With extra features such as a 3.5mm AV audio/video output port for an external monitor and a standard 1/4-20″ female thread on the bottom of the gimbal for use with the included telescoping extension pole, the EVO Gimbals EVO SS 3 Axis Wearable Gimbal gives you even more versatility.
This stabilizer is definitely recommendable to help you capture smooth video on your next adventure with its compact and lightweight attribute. Even when it comes preset with a Fast-motion and Walking shooting profile, it allows you to create your own custom settings and save them for use.
|It's easy to use||It is not equipped with a weatherproof solution|
|It's simple to setup|
|It has an optional camera charging|
|It has an built in batteries|
|It has a quality build|
|It can be mounted or handheld|
- Works with GoPro HERO4, HERO3+, HERO3 and Other Sports Cameras of Similar Size
- Accommodates LCD Touch Backpack
- 3-Axis Powered Gimbal
- 320 Degree Pan/Tilt Rotation, 100 Degree Roll Rotation
- Please Note: Upon receipt of your item, please update to the latest firmware.Unfortunately at this time the firmware update is not compatible with Windows 10 or Mac.
Do you own a GoPro and are looking to capture stabilized footage? A fantastic solution for you is the Feiyu Tech G4. As a trail running videographer, this is one tool you will find useful and helpful while on your runs. With just one hand, you can hold and operate this tool. Together with its different operating modes for increased creative possibilities.
With Feiyu Tech G4 switching between the different modes has never been easier. All you do is push the single LED push button on the handle, and await flashes – implying that the mode selected. This G4 Pro allows for seamless switching between pan, roll and tilt modes. And features a four-way joystick controller that in turn allows you the flexibility of moving in all directions as well as adjusting the axial angle. As light as this kit is, it tough – owing to the fact that it is built from aluminum.
One of its outstanding features is limitless 360° panning, which allows capturing panoramic photos using the maximum range. It does owe this to the slip-ring design. With this 3-Axis powered Gimbal, this gimbal is available to move everywhere: from up and down, forward and backward, right and left.
To prove its cleanest and nicest handheld gimbal, it does not need t0 use wire anymore. It comes with 4 rechargeable batteries, even though it only requires two to work. This means more than enough power to finish your video shooting. This is an amazing choice of tool for both amateurs and professionals.
|It has a LED battery level indicator light||It requires a windows device to update the firmware|
|Its handle can accept optional extension pole||It can be a little difficult to get use to the modes|
|It features a single button operating 4 modes||No protective holder|
|It has access to power and video output ports|
|It comes with 4 batteries|
Final Words On Best GoPro Stabilizer
There’s no doubt, GoPro is one of the most versatile action cameras in the world. But, if you want the most of it and achieve silky smooth footage and breathtaking pans, one accessory that comes in handy is a gimbal. As with any accessory, there are lots of options out in the market, and this makes it quite difficult to get the best of them. The good news here is that the above of list has been carefully selected to help you get started in your search.
Even so, my best gimbal by far is the The OFFICIAL ROXANT PRO. With this stabilizer, you get excellent performance from your shot. It is ideal for beginners and professionals alike, and will always produce smooth footage regardless if the angle; with minimal noise and shake. This is somewhat rare among the many stabilizers available.
As is expected of any best GoPro gimbals, this tool comes in a solid design, is versatile and compatible with a range of DSLR cameras. It’s also compact, lightweight and durable; what more would you desire of a gimbal. For me, the The OFFICIAL ROXANT PRO gives the most bang out of your buck.
Did you like “Best GoPro Gimbals”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.